SO there’s been quite a delay in me sharing the contents of the two giveaway boxes. There was this wedding thing in the middle of the summer (BEST DAY EVER) that took a BIT of attention, but now I’m back and excited to share the wonderful boxes that went on their way to Seattle, Washington and Johnston, Iowa!
The fun thing was, both winners picked different food items so I got to make two very unique, but very delicious boxes. Hearing their excitement when the box was received and how the treats inside went over, was my favorite part. THAT is why these giveaways are so great. Nothing is more fun for me than getting to cook/bake for other people. It’s the BEST! Am I right?!?
So both winners received recipe cards of the items in their box (each received three items) and they also received two fun, colorful spatulas. Because of COURSE, that is the cooking portion of this blog AND who doesn’t need/want more spatulas?!? 🙂
Box #1 winner was Todd, a dental student in Seattle, WA. He picked the following:
- Muffin/Cupcake: A new, not-yet-on-the-blog item! Delicious Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins that I’m excited to share with you guys in a future post. They turned out very moist, gorgeous with the purple/blue berries and definitely a keeper that I’ll be making again for my husband (<— new favorite word) and myself.
- Snack: Spicy Caramel Popcorn featured in this post
- Cookies: Snickerdoodles featured in this post
Had a great day of baking while we watched baseball in the background. Is there anything better than baking and baseball?! Nope. Really don’t think there is.
They got all packaged up and sent off to Todd!
Next up was Teresa, a married mom of the cutest little guy you’ve ever seen. She and her husband, Josh came up with their box contents:
- Muffin/Cupcake: The healthy twist on Chocolate Muffins featured in this post
- Snack: Spicy Chipotle Rosemary Nuts featured in this post
- Cookies: A great new challenge and one of my new favorites! Teresa and her husband Josh requested something red velvet and I found a great recipe from one of the blogs I read frequently that fit the bill. Really think you guys will love them as much I did, taste testing! Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies will be coming soon to a post near you. These were chewy, had lots of flavor and mini chocolate chips ensured that every bite had some chocolate.
Overall, definitely was great fun to send these off AND it was the perfect way to decompress after the wedding preparations that took up most of my free time in May and June and be in my happy place in the kitchen. I have LOTS of recipes all primed and ready to share with you guys so please do stay tuned! Luke and I have really enjoyed experimenting this summer in the new apartment kitchen and I have so many wonderful things to blog about.
Before you know it, we’ll do another one of these giveaways so keep your eyes on the posts for some delectable new treats, libations and maybe a few crafty projects too before we dive into another giveaway.
Off to draft my Fantasy Football team…simple goal is to beat my husband. 🙂